Saturday 21 June 2014

Are new arcade games all that easy!?

After playing Street Fighter IV for a few days on the X2, and consistently finishing it on a single credit I decided I'd give Blazblue Calamity Trigger a go. Initially I was disappointed as it didn't have the frenetic pacing of the Guilty Gear games, although it did seem to speed up as the fights went on. My biggest disappointment was finishing it on a single credit on my first attempt. I figured it must have been set to easy or something, so I hit the test button and checked the config. All set to factory default...

Now I know these games are really meant to be played by 2 people in VS. mode, but I'm surprised they're happy to let a gamer with no experience of a game finish it on their first go. Unless there is of course a business reason behind this, perhaps people challenging someone who is already playing? I don't know, but I got a shock. I think I'll go back to Guilty Gear and get my ass handed to me by the bosses some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment