Monday 16 June 2014

Street Fighter IV has arrived!

I got my Taito Type X2 setup today, and must say I'm very pleased with it. Street Fighter IV looks great on the Blast City, even if it is only at 640x480.

It took a bit of messing to get it set up, but fortunately the Capcom I/O board makes it a bit simpler by using a CPS2/3 kick harness, rather than spare pins like the Sega I/O. My Blast City only came with a 4 button panel, and was only wired for the 4 buttons, so the Capcom I/O was the natural choice, rather than soldering extra wires to my harness (I've since replaced the panel with 1L6B panel). I picked up the Capcom I/O board when I got my Naomi, but it seems to work just as well with any JVS setup. There is something to watch out for on them though; there is an option for 4 players on the Capcom board via a switch. If it is set to 4 players you'll be hitting the kick buttons, but doing no kicking.

I've also got a couple of other games on the X2, but haven't got around to trying them out yet. They are King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A (try saying that 3 times fast), and Blazblue Calamity Trigger. I'm also due to get my CPS3 setup in the next few days, so I'll be nicely kept for games to play for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment