Tuesday 17 June 2014

CPS 3 Arrival

My CPS3 setup came today, and I gave it a quick run out and was impressed with the results. It came with a desuicided cartridge which allows any game to be run. This is useful as the CPS3 security carts are well known for their suicide battery'. It also came with enough RAM to run all of the games.

The CPS3 is home to 3 different iterations of Street Fighter 3, which many in the fighting game community either love or hate. I've never really experienced them, other than a few goes on Third Strike on the Dreamcast, so my opinion on them is yet to be formed.

I've taken a few photos of the contents of my parcel. First up the mainboard with memory simms installed:


Next, a shot of the desuicided cartridge:


Finally, the full setup with the SCSI CD-ROM installed:


The CD-ROM loads the game into memory, and so can boot without having to copy the data across each time it boots. With this cartridge you can also pick the region you wish to use for the game. I'll give it some more time this week and see what I think of the games available on the system.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, where can i buy that desuicided cartridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get mine direct from Darksoft, but you can get in contact with him at his blog.

    http://64darksoft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete